Welcome to SCCA Micro Learning
Build and refine your skills with our short, easy to access, engaging modules.
Introducing our Modules
The ellipse is the workhorse of skin cancer medicine and designing great ellipses is an excellent skill to master! In this intermediate-level module, Dr Jeremy Hay discusses design considerations, applications of the ellipse and some of its variations.
- Explore the key features of the fusiform ellipse and its main variants.
- Learn about the factors that can influence your ellipse design, such as scar positioning, biomechanical and topographical features of the skin, as well as the different systems of surgical excision lines.
- Watch Dr Jeremy Hay demonstrate the application of different types of ellipses in real-life examples at 12 different body sites.
- Use interactive activities and videos for an engaging learning experience.
- Self-check your knowledge as you go.
Registration Fee: $150 AUD / NZD
Module Author: Dr Jeremy Hay
In this essential-level module, you will learn from Dr Lorna Claydon how to evaluate suturing requirements and execute basic suturing techniques. This is a great introduction for those just starting out in skin cancer medicine looking to learn this core skill.
- Learn how to select the most appropriate suture type for a biopsy or ellipse site
- Apply an effective suture technique for a punch biopsy site
- Explore suture techniques for an elliptical excision on a trunk or limb
- Watch videos and follow easy step-by-step guides
- Self-check your knowledge as you go
Registration Fee: $95 AUD / NZD
Module Author: Dr Lorna Claydon
More Micro Learning modules coming soon!
Explore challenging areas of skin cancer practice.
An in-depth look at more complex ideas and an update for those who already practice at a high level.
Here's a quick platform demo
Looking for your next step?
We have courses available no matter where you are on your skin cancer medicine journey.
Find out more about our skin cancer medicine education pathway that culminates in Accreditation and Fellowship.